Wednesday, August 21, 2013

In Limbo

Just listening to a lot of Rod Stewart songs today and it led me to these lyrics of my own.

In Limbo

What are these visions that come to me as I sleep?

Of someone now gone, what are these images that I keep?

Why do my dreams welcome you as I am alone in my bed?

Who are you dreaming about instead?

Where did the tender moments go when your heart touched mine?

Was it easy for you to leave our past behind?

What happens to our heartfelt words once spoken?

Do they just fade away when promises are broken?

The smell of the aftershave and perfume we once wore

Made unique from the chemistry we once had before

It is long gone now in the breeze of our goodbyes

What is this rain that keeps falling from my eyes?

I still feel it but do you still know the touch?

It is probably true that you don't remember that all too much

Where do all the feelings go when lovers part?

Is there someone out there who can heal my broken heart?

Marian Beatty 8/21/13

No comments:

Post a Comment