Thursday, August 22, 2013

THE VOICE

God , teach me to slow down. Teach me to listen. Teach me to hear Your whispers as well as Your yells.

Where are the exits to this highway to hell?

I can't take my hands off the wheel

The speed that I travel just can't do me well

Where is some time I can steal?

I can hear all the voices on the radio station

Telling me what to do, what to buy

I'm moving too fast to ask any questions

Or find the right person to ask "why?"

I then hear a gentle voice that urges me to pull over

I do, then I turn off the key

I gather myself into some kind of composure

Realizing my Lord is speaking to me

He shares His advice and a moment of prayer

I swear I feel His hand on my shoulder

Never a believer I wondered "why is He here?"

But this moment was to spiritual to squander

After the encounter I got off of the freeway

And stopped to smell the proverbial roses

My life now has meaning and I'm in control

With God I can take whatever life imposes

No comments:

Post a Comment