Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Day Reality Set In

Heck, aging wasn't bothering me until I found out people were noticing!

THE DAY REALITY SET IN

I have always been comfortable with aging

I was only as young as I felt

Even though my hormones stopped raging

And I wasn't so trim and svelte

I thought I seemed young for my age

I still listen to hip hop and rock

But today at the store in conversation engaged

Reality was swiftly unblocked

The cashier asked me if I was okay

She wondered if I need help

Sure, I may have looked tired today

But I certainly can fend for myself

The spring in my step may seem like a shuffle

My breath may be tinged with a wheeze

I may seem a bit stooped and lack some true hustle

And my grey hair has been mussed by the breeze

Though I appreciate the compassion

Her courtesy caused me no harm

I may be moved to an act of aggression

If a boy scout offers his arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment