Saturday, January 4, 2014

Memories and Hope

A strange thing is memory, and hope; one looks backward, and the other forward; one is of today, the other of tomorrow. Memory is history recorded in our brain, memory is a painter, it paints pictures of the past and of today.

Anna Mary Robertson/AKA Grandma Moses

MEMORIES AND HOPE

Time etched deliberately in my mind

Faces and actions I've sadly left behind

Come the memories best put aside, then

I'm wishing for places I could easily hide them

The past is a portrait of me

Hopefully who I tried to be

But still I'm a victim of some circumstance

Negative impressions that happened by chance

Hope is the daily sun as it rises

Days filled with my will, some surprises

Roads in disrepair, I can't avoid the bumps

Grand trees I imagined now sad lonely stumps

I cannot choose the memories I dream

Or control the nightmares that cause me to scream

But at times I'm awake, memories make me smile

And I try to be hopeful, at least for awhile

No comments:

Post a Comment