Saturday, January 25, 2014

Lost Things Revealed

The quote is from James Joyce. He was an Irish writer born February 2, 1882.

Every life is many days., day after day. We walk through ourselves meeting robbers, ghosts, giants, old men, young men, wives, widows, brothers-in-love. But always meeting ourselves.

LOST THINGS REVEALED

I think I met someone today

Amid the crowd of passersby

The foggy image had so much to say

That uncovered my greatest alibi

You see life is formed of many excuses

To explain why dreams are left behind

This encounter seemed so damned intrusive

How dare it open my pointed mind

We as people tend to fool ourselves

That there will be time later for our fantasies

So we put more and more life on the shelf

And make daily drudgery our priority

Myself, he told me to look back

To see what times I let pass by

Important things swept through the cracks

Extended hugs and lullabies

Dreams of a child deemed frivolous

Hopes of a newlywed put aside

Our outlooks that we labeled ridiculous

So much we could have done but never tried

I hope this encounter with myself

Has come in time to make some changes

While I still have ability and decent health

And before I've turned all my pages




No comments:

Post a Comment