Monday, January 20, 2014

Love Or Hate

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968

LOVE OR HATE

Lure me not into your darkness

Invite me not into you hell

I choose to romp in the sunshine chasing my dreams

Not hide from the shadows of nightmares of ominous things

My vision in life is love and camaraderie

In friendship I prefer to lend my hand

Evil voices get this straight

I'll not reside in your world of hate

Positive dreams are more pleasant to share

Than nightmares that cause us to shudder

Love nourishes, enriches, feeds your good soul

Hate eats you alive slowly in a dark hell hole

As only light can obliterate the darkness

You can shine your happiness on the lives you touch

Love can cast hate into the deepest well

Keeping those around you from a living hell


No comments:

Post a Comment