Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Too Big for My Britches

"To consider persons and events and situations only in the light of their effect upon myself is to live on the doorstep of hell."

TOO BIG FOR MY BRITCHES

It is not all about me, you see

In the garden of life I'm just one little pea

Let's take a crane and move my ego aside

Tone it down a little, my selfish pride

Every little gun is not pointed at my head

If it was I'd be stone cold dead

Every Cupid's arrow is not aimed for my heart

I'm not the focus of anyone's art

Consider the world did revolve around me

I'd be the target of hate in all humanity

I'd be so overwhelmed by love and affection

No mirror could be large enough to hold my reflection

I'd be the blame for global warming

They'd say I set the killer bees swarming

I'd be the suspect for each murdered corpse

I'd be the hero of whatever the sport

I'd much rather be one flute in the band

One little grain of a beach full of sand

Totally ignored for much of the time

With just a little piece of life claimed as mine


No comments:

Post a Comment