Monday, July 28, 2014

Alive!

quotes from an Italian actress, Eleanora Juse. (1858-1924)

"If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you can understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive."

ALIVE!

Spring has come to life when the birds begin to sing

Faith is in the air as the distant church bells ring

Joyous times approach with the jingling of sleigh bells

And the sounds of silence had soothed me when the autumn leaves fell

A picturesque horizon in the sunrise glows

Colors scatter forth when the fall wind blows

Sailboats silently glide by in the distant through the sea

Sea gulls swoop into the waves wherever fish may be

Whatever nature shows me and allows me to hear

A refreshing little rain or a storm that I might I fear

Things for my eyes and ears, the feelings that they drive

Are the senses that will prove to me that it's good to be alive

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment