Thursday, July 3, 2014

LISING HOPE

quote from DWIGHT EISENHOWER.

This world of ours...must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect.

LOSING HOPE

I feel the division

I sense the hate

I turn away from the vision

Of our future state

I see the fear

In the eyes of the poor

It is perfectly clear

They've become obscure

I hear politicians

Make absurd promises

About their noble mission

To grant our wishes

I lament the ignorant

Though highly educated youth

They've become indifferent

And deny the truth

I fly my flag

High, as usual

But cannot brag

We're no longer exceptional

I mourn the generations

Of true patriots with pride

Who in exasperation

Are hurting inside

I see our constitution burning

And our future up in smoke

The tide is turning

I'm losing hope

Are we afraid to trust?

Have we no respect?

Will will self combust

Or become circumspect?

No comments:

Post a Comment