Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Alone Now, Naturally

ALONE NOW, NATURALLY

Grief comes in degrees

Passing phases, or prolonged pain

The tears of loss dare to run free

Will the images of he who passed remain?

As I pray for my soul mate, a peaceful journey

And wish him well, though he broke my heart

I know we will meet again in some eternity

It won't be easy to live this time apart

So many stories so many share

So many memories of lives he touched

I'll listen intently, I think that's fair

As I recount the hours that meant so much

Against the Wind and Stealaway

Songs that we cherished forever

We would quietly listen to the the words they'd say

They were catalysts in our endeavors

For a time his leaving will torture me

Though I understand it's life's progression

But he has left his legacy for all to see

And for me love's true impression

No comments:

Post a Comment