Sunday, June 30, 2013

MY ENLIGHTENMENT

"One has to accept pain as a condition of existence. One has to court doubt and darkness as the cost of knowing. One needs a will stubborn in conflict, but apt always to the total acceptance of every consequence of living and dying." Morris West

My Enlightenment

Had my life been an elevator

Quietly moving on upward

Should I have thought sooner or later

My world would be restructured?

Who delegates the pain?

Who makes your heart ache?

What determines who's insane?

And how much a man can take?

Off and on I have been led into darkness

I don't think I went there on my own

But I ended up there regardless

It won't be written on my stone

Who puts us in places we can't perceive?

I really don't think I had willingly gone

I guess it is time that I believe

I should have known right from wrong



No comments:

Post a Comment