Thursday, June 27, 2013

Apathy


"Media manipulation in the U.S. today is more efficient than it was in Nazi Germany, because here we have the pretense that we are getting all the information we want. That misconception prevents people from even looking for the truth." Mark Crispin Miller

Apathy

Why should I bother to question bold?

Furthering education is getting old

I studied my lessons and got good grades

Now I have my own plans laid

As far as I know the news is truth

And I pick my rep in the voting booth

If the media informs me why question it all?

And running the country,  that's the government's call

If the youth today are that apathetic

With no reason to feel apologetic

Truth and justice will fall so fast

And our liberty will become a distant past



No comments:

Post a Comment