Monday, April 19, 2010

I'd Rather Be Watching TV

I'd rather Be watching TV
I don't want a revolution
Feel no will to demonstrate
I'm quite busy with my own life
There's so much upon my plate

I don't want to spend my time
Dialing numbers from my phone
To complain to those in congress
That their jobs are being blown

I don't want to go to town halls
Justing waiting to be called
So I can say a word or two
About how much I am appalled

I'd rather go to Vegas
Than to stand out on the streets
Outside the capitol buliding
In the hot sun as it beats

I'd rather be watching Dr. Phil
Instead of following the news
Because the politics being played today
Are giving me the blues

But alas I am American
And I carry a patriot's blood
And it's easy to see our country
Is sinking quickly in the mud

I'd rather have my liberty
But to enjoy that kind of life
I'm forced to join Tea Parties
Instead of just being a wife

I find it is my duty
To get answers to my questions
About why our government is spending more
While we're stifled in recession

It would be a major issue
If I turned my back and walked
When I know that socialized health care
Is what is being hawked

So instead of sipping lemonaide
And lounging in my yard
I find that I must take a stand
And do the thing that's hard

It's my responsibility
To question all the acts
That are performed by elected leaders
Who have hidden all the facts

And being a natural born citizen
Enjoying the founder's given rights
I take it very seriously
And must stand up to fight

So pardon me, dear government
If I'm stepping on your toes
If my Tea Party is offending you
, Well, hey, that's how it goes!

Marian
April 18, 2010

1 comment:

  1. The constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government...lest it comes to dominate our lives and interet...Patrick Henry

    So go ahead and step on the toes of government. Not because it's fashionable, but because the life of our country depends on our participation...Dessip

    ReplyDelete