Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Stance



I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. Robert Heinlein 1907-1988

My Stance

I trust in me and my moral code
I have scruples that will not erode
If rules are reasonable
I'll tolerate them
If they're unfeasable
I'll surely break them
I take responsibility in what I do
And will live civilly, for me and you
But I come first
in all my choices
I follow true
my inner voices
I am my keeper, and take that stand
Though I will listen to your demands
And I will live
in some tranquility
with your laws
to my best ability
For I am free in my heart, my soul, and my own mind.

Marian
August 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment