Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Cared


Aesop: He that always gives way to others will end in having no principles of his own. This of course could follow along with John Morley's quote...You have not converted a man because you have silenced him.

I Cared

I spoke today with grave concern
About a controversial topic at hand
I was feeling too many people
Had firmly buried their heads in the sand

I stirred up so much ire
That my friends went into revolt
Not about the issues, mind you
They considered me a dolt

So much has been spoken by liars
Of the fakers they are immune
And they hate the voice of reason
And those who have become atuned

So I silently cry a river
About lost friendships that I came to bear
Because I am cursed with curiousity
and question issues that I feel unfair

As I listen to each and every side
And come to conclusions my mind can embrace
I hope to hell I must be wrong
so others won't be burdened with disgrace

When the issues that do haunt me
carry consequenses that have me scared
I don't want to say "I told you so"
I just want friends to know I cared

Marian
August 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment