Saturday, July 30, 2011

You Called Yourself A Friend

You Called Yourself A Friend?

Those smiles seemed so real
Now I am left with wounds that refuse to heal
Your friendship seemed so genuine
What was it about you that drew me in?

I had little to share, but I did
While your lying side remained well hid
My heart was open to the taking
How was I to know what you were faking

You are the lucky one to have left behind
The remnants of your devious mind
I am here to mourn the loss of a friend
And accept what you did, I'll never mend

Maybe it is true all sins are forgotten
But even when the deeds were oh so rotten?
It is accpetable to hurt your enemy
But to hurt a friend as you did to me?

Sadness is revealed in many ways
It comes in anger on some dreary days
I have to live with how I feel for awhile
Now you've moved on in Heavenly style

Marian
July 30, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment