Saturday, July 30, 2011

Who I Remember

I choose to remember the freckled face Little Leaguer & Cub Scout and not what became of him...
~~
QUOTE
SEEING PEOPLE CHANGE ISN'T WHAT HURTS. WHAT HURTS IS REMEMBERING WHAT THEY USED TO BE.
~Author Unknown~
Who I Remember
 
Squeaky wheels on a little trike
They never get the grease
Inward cries of the tortured types
Their pain will never ease
 
Freckled face and giddy smiles
Of the one I used to know
After years and many miles
Where did he ever go?
 
Little soldiers and simple games
Occupied his hours
Now alcohol and drugs of pain
Had his weak will overpowered
 
The man is gone, life took its toll
His soul he had to sell
The young man with such simple goals
Is who I'd rather remember well
 
His grave and marker are far away
But his memory with me is fresh
I see him in the better days
And in peace I hope he rests
 
Marian
July 29, 2011
Remembering my brother,
Donald Philip Dixon II
March 25, 1952-July 29, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment