Saturday, October 10, 2009


No matter what we have come through, or how many perils we have safely passed, or how many imperfect and jagged---
in some places perhaps irreparably---our life has been, we can not in our heart of hearts imagine how it could have been different. As we look back on it, it slips behind us in orderly array, and, with all its mistakes, aquires a sort of eternal fitness, and even, at times, a poetic glamour. Randolf Sillman Bourne 1886

Times Passed

Broken minds and broken hearts
Are sometimes scars we carry
As we look back on the life we've led
Perhaps saddened, perhaps not very.

Spirited debates won or lost
Love sweet, at times so sour
Had my life just passed me by?
It seems but just an hour.

Places seen and of places dreamed
Stored neatly in my head
I will not regret lost chances
To do everything I said

People known and people bemoaned
Friendships strong and true
The one thing I will treasure most
Is the day that I met you

Marian
August 31, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment