Friday, July 17, 2009

The Gift

The Gift

It came to me on a gloomy day
When all my hope had gone away
A bouquette of flowers so carefully arranged
I smiled at thought it was wonderfully strange

I had pondered on my dreadful past
And thought of choices that I'd amassed
My future now was at my command
as I wandered across the rain soaked sand

I looked out to sea and thought I could
Then at the flowers, wondering if I should
Something was coming over me
That for a minute set my mind at ease

I took a flower from the ribbons entwined
And wondered who had been so kind
To leave these on my front gate post
knowing that is from where I walked the most

I picked each pettal and tossed it into the wind
Asking for answers from deep within
Someone cared enough for me
To set these flowers for me to see

I took a breath of ocean air
And squeezed the water from my rain soaked hair
I turned and began to walk away
I'd live to see another day

Marian
July 16, 2009

2 comments:

  1. This poem is so beautiful...like your heart! ~~

    Pleasure is spread through the earth in stray gifts to be claimed by whosoever shall find.

    ~~

    William Wordsworth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good friend that I sometimes wish I could see more often. Thank You for the beautiful way you think, share and write. Even if we touch one person a day with kindness it is worth waking up every morning to smile at the Sun.

    ReplyDelete