Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Proud Warrior

quote by David Gemmell that says it well...
"A warrior feeds his body well; he trains it; works on it. Where he lacks knowledge; he studies. But above all he must believe. He must believe in his strength of will, OF PURPOSE, of heart and soul."
 
Proud Warrior

I found that I am made of more
Than passive flesh and bone
My heart aches for righteousness
Not just getting by alone

I find it in my blood
To right the things so wrong
I think I know my purpose
It's a warrior, true and strong

I train myself in body
That physically I can take it
I teach myself the knowledge
To conquer not just make it

Although I'm not a soldier
In what form we're used to seeing
I am warrior in the sense that I
Protect our right to being

Marian
April 23, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment