Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No Regrets

Eric Fromm...

"Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air; is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies."

No Regrets


I have in times of my life been down
Pain and disappointment prevailed
I stood on too many shores in ife
To wave goodbye to my ships that had sailed


Physical pain I endured, but I beat it
Mental health was sometimes a chore
I found agony and had to defeat it
Found my courage to settle life's score


Who is to say all the pain that was suffered
Was worth all the love in my life?
But in the end I chose not to live my life buffered
From a minute of what I called strife


Each walk on the beach
Each minute on a horse
Each breath that I breathed
Each obstical course


What life had to give
What price I had paid
What it meant to live
In the bed I had made


I found it all worth every bump in the road
And I lived what I thought had been me
I'll never regret each shattered hope
For the life I had the priviledge to see


Marian
April 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment