Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pride


Pride

It is more than just a parade
On patriotic days
It is more about the feeling
And living the American way
It is more about the pride
You see in a soldier's eyes
When they don the uniform they choose
And at last they realize
"I serve my country as a soldier
Because of my country I am proud
And when the flag goes up the pole
My salute is almost loud
It's not the shiney medals
Or ribbons on my chest
It's not that I am one of many
Who have strived to pass the test
It's because I am an American
I was born as one with pride
And never shall I decry it
Or try to run and hide
If I'm called to active duty
With honor I will serve
It's the least I can do for freedom
It's what American's deserve
And if someday I am called to stand
To uphold our Constitution
I'll fight with every breath I have
to insure our institution"

Marian
June 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment