Sunday, June 28, 2009


PleaseWake Me

I am hoping it was not just a horrible dream
and I awoke to find me here
where a goverment is claiming all my rights
where my freedom's light passes into night
Has it gone while my back was turned?
Have we taken too much for granted
That our American values would always be there?
Did we let a stalker sneek inside
To steal away with American pride
Please, God, please tell me this is only a cruel hoax
Can this we are living now
Be a horror movie we are watching on TV
Will the channel be there to change?
This is all so very strange.
How can an American be living in such fear?
I 've been taught about the American dream
Where anyone can grow up to be president.
But how did we not choose the best
Where are the patiots that would pass the test
Please,God, don't take my freedom from me.
Marian
June 21, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment